Amish business lessonsWow, I just watched a video on CNN talking about the 95%+ business success rate (over the first 5 years) for Amish entrepreneurs. Remember Amish dress and live their lives differently from Americans.
How did they do it? Some of the things where within most people's capability. For example?
- Start your day early. Those interviewed started their day at 4:30AM.
- Love what you do.
- All the family works the business in some way.
- Maintain high quality control.
- Take a chance to start a business.
- Emphasize humility.
- Provide a quality product at a reasonable price.
- Create an experience for the customer.
I must say the video I watched was very inspirational. Nothing new revealed but tried and true techniques that have worked for many, many years.
I am a CPA in San Antonio and serve individuals and small businesses in San Antonio and surrounding areas.
Richard J. Garcia | 05/05/2010